Arena industry Use

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Briggam Knott
    Participant

Is Arena the go to software when simulating a discrete event in most organizations? Are there others out there that are used just as widely? I’ve gone through college only using Arena, and being it used elsewhere, but have always wondered this. If one was trying to best learn to use arena on their own, what are some good resources to help get them started?

Thanks!

Ellie Schlaefer
    Participant

I found a list of companies that use ARENA. This website shows the results of specific use cases of ARENA simulation modeling. For example, a gift wrap manufacturer used ARENA to evaluate over 20 implementation scenarios and identify more than five that could improve the system. The definitive scenario demonstrated how to reduce cycle time from five weeks to three days; bring down overtime expenses, thus lowering operating expenses; and increase on-time shipping performance from 70% to more than 95%. The production simulation model also located and resolved many interrelated bottlenecks and identified how fluctuations in volume or demand timing would affect the system. The simulation model also identified the impact of “late” business on the manufacturing schedule, enabling the company to realize more than $1 million in additional sales.

Emily Vesper
    Participant

Reply to Briggam Knott of #3745:

Great question. As a new ARENA user, I have been curious how to make accurate assumptions that don’t over simplify the process I am modeling. Ellie, that gift wrapping example is fascinating. Do you know how complex/simple that model was? I am looking to learn more about the intricate details of using a simulation to test implementation before completing an expensive investment.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Iconic One Theme | Powered by Wordpress