Best Industries for Data Analyst

Forums Academic discussion Data mining and analytics Best Industries for Data Analyst

This topic contains 6 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Kjerstin Gronski 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Bhurin Pisitthakarn
    Participant

What are some of the best industries to work in as a data analyst?

Ashley Hellenbrand
    Participant

Hi Bhurin,

That is a good question! The first industries that come to my mind would be Information Technology and Healthcare. After seeing your question, it urged me to look it up and I found this interesting article.

According to the article, Medicine, Retail, Construction, Banking, and Transportation are the up and coming industries with Big Data. Feel free to take a look at the article if you want to learn more!

Ryan Yan
    Participant

I would say it depends on your interests— so many industries are now utilizing or starting to utilize data analytics, from finance companies to retail to internet companies. What’s your background and what kind of working environment are you looking for?

Hao Zhou
    Participant

I think financial markets use data analytics the most and IT companies would be great places to work as data analyst. You have many choices since more industries are using data analytics now.

Tina Lu
    Participant

I personally think of the best industry is Insurance and health care as both are booming as the general population ages.

John Ikon
    Participant

Manufacturing has always relied on the old fashion ole boy know how. However, with data, the evolution in manufacturing practices is here. I would not count out this industry.

Kjerstin Gronski
    Participant

I agree with John. I am in the Manufacturing field and my company has had a huge shift towards data analytics and predictive analytics in the last 3 years I have worked for them. I think that experience in data analytics and the software/ knowledge of the field will be vital for manufacturing engineers in the future.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Iconic One Theme | Powered by Wordpress