Best places to study on campus

Forums Social life and activity College life Best places to study on campus

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 23 replies, has 24 voices, and was last updated by  Julia Romero 1 day, 8 hours ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author

Zachary Yonish
    Participant

I have always found the law building to be a good study spot. There are also some nice open classrooms in science hall and the 4th floor of college that are usually pretty quiet and make for good study spaces around finals time.

Nick Hurtgen
    Participant

I like studying at the Law Library over on Bascom. I enjoy it because of the crazy architecture, quietness, and the big windows overlooking the hill. Only downside is that only law students can study there during finals.

Maddie
    Participant

I like to study in Mechanical Engineering at the tables near Johnson St. I like the high ceilings, large windows and that the tables have outlets embedded in them.

Katherine Schroeer
    Participant

Historical Library is very peaceful and quiet! It’s a beautiful building right across from Memorial Union.

Timothy Healy
    Participant

Reply to Julia Hewitt of #4663:

I like to study in the basement of 1410 Engineering. There are a ton of tables and outlets and most people do not know about it. I always have tons of room and have never been close to not finding a spot. It is in a basement, but that does not bother me as most of the time that I am studying it is below freezing outside anyways 🙂

Emily
    Participant

Right now my favorite places to study are ECB and ME. Both are pretty quiet and have lots of windows and are close to where all my classes are. Wendt Commons is also nice.

Finley Myers
    Participant

I spend most of my studying in Engineering Hall and ECB. I like ECB for the lack of crowds, even on weekdays, but prefer Engineering Hall for the better lighting. Generally, I avoid Engineering Hall during class time as it has a tendency to be crowded and noisy.

As a third option, the WID can be an excellent place to study. Although it could use more tables and outlets, the lighting is great, and the building has the perfect level of ambient noise.

Grace Allen
    Participant

Reply to Julia Hewitt of #4663:

I really enjoy studying at Memorial Union. It’s very enjoyable to look at the lake when I study and reward myself with a pizza from Strada 🙂

Julia Romero
    Participant

I like the hidden big room in memorial library on the second floor through the south stacks. Being surrounded by many people in a quiet environment makes me feel like I need to be focused like everyone around me.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Iconic One Theme | Powered by Wordpress