City or Company? Which is more important?

Forums Social life and activity College life City or Company? Which is more important?

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    Owen Carr
    Participant

I personally value the city over the company. Even if you love your job, you still need to enjoy your time outside of work. A city with plenty of opportunities allows you to switch jobs if you don’t like the company you’re working for or you’re looking to change/advance your career path.

Bailey Smith
    Participant

I think that company culture is far more important than location. I would much rather have an experience in the office that makes me want to come back each day rather than a poor office culture in a desirable city.

Aidan Smith
    Participant

I think being at a company you enjoy will far outweigh the fun of being in a big city at a place you don’t want to work. Having fun at a company and doing something you love will soon not become a job but something you look forward too.

Mackenzie Dahlquist
    Participant

I think job over city is a bigger factor for me personally, especially if it is a position that seems like the perfect fit. It does always help to find something closer to home to start out with if location is a concern and see how it goes from there!

Bailey Gene Benck
    Participant

I personally am more concerned about finding the job/company that fits me the best. If nothing else, the experience you get at that job may help you land the job you love in the location you want. I think that transition may be more difficult if you start in the right city but with a job that you dislike or doesn’t set you up well to move in the position you want.

Michael Kemnitz
    Participant

Obviously the answer to this question differs for each person, but I think it depends on how far you are in your career. I think right out of college, for a few years, it would be more beneficial long-term to care more about the city than the company. You’re likely going to change locations for you job a few times in your career, so I think the company name would be more important than the city.

Ryan Garley
    Participant

I believe it is a good mix. A great company can attract you to a lesser city, and a great city can attract you to a lesser company. It truly depends on the type of person you are. There are many great cities out there so finding a great city and company should not be a problem for an entry level job!

Noah W
    Participant

I personally think that a company is more important than the city because if you work at a company with great culture and meet lots of friends, you should be able to have a great time regardless of the city. I think that having a job/internship in a preferred city would just be a perk and not a deciding factor.

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Iconic One Theme | Powered by Wordpress