Co-ops and Internships during/after COVID-19

Forums Social life and activity Job hunting Co-ops and Internships during/after COVID-19

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Kristie Bodak
    Participant

Do you think companies will be hiring the same amount of people for 2021 co-op/internship positions? The pandemic has created a lot of uncertainty, and I would appreciate some opinions on this.

Elias Sobah
    Participant

I have a feeling that overall there will be a dip in the number of companies hiring for 2021. With that being said, certain industries will be more impacted than others. Additionally, some industries, such as healthcare, may potentially have an increase in it’s number of opportunities. This is definitely a factor to weigh as we pursue co-op/internship searching in the near future.

Saranya Putrevu
    Participant

While it depends on the industry, a lot of companies have been able to transition to online. I believe that there could definitely be less opportunities for next summer, but given the transition many will still be available. Interns are especially useful for a company after the pandemic, so I think they will still be hiring wherever possible.

Zion Richardson
    Participant

I think it depends on whether or not the company stopped accepting interns for this summer. That will be a big indicator of if they will be accepting more interns on average for next summer.

Meera Viruru
    Participant

I do know of many companies cancelling or pushing their summer experiences. However, once things open up back to normal (it may be a while) I believe companies will need workers.

Universities are facing lower enrollment rates, and once this ends I believe jobs will need more employees to assist with increases in demand and “bouncing back”

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Iconic One Theme | Powered by Wordpress