Design of healthcare

Forums Academic discussion Healthcare Design of healthcare

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 5 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Maddie 1 month ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Ally Cross
    Participant

I saw this article about design of hospitals from an aesthetic point of view and how this increases patient satisfaction. I thought it was interesting  about the therapeutic benefits of having a garden in the hospital that patients can walk through. Usually hospital visits are stressful for patients so by having a relaxing area that patients can go to can improve overall patient and family satisfaction. Take a look and let me know what you think!

https://hbr.org/2015/10/better-healing-from-better-hospital-design

Yu Cao

I think this is cool.

tc
    Participant

Great article! Thanks for sharing.

I remember I read an article about a hospital in Minnesota which has a lot of great paintings and artworks donated by patients. That hospital just look like a museum!

I recently visited Agrace Hospice in Madison, where each patient’s room had access to a nice outdoor patio. Rooms all had nice artwork and were very spacious. Given, the facility puts a very strong emphasis on comfort because all of their patients only have months left to live, but it was neat to see a healthcare facility have more of a hotel feel than a hospital one. Thanks for sharing!

Chengyue Zhang
    Participant

That is a great design! Flowers always mad me feel better when I was sick.

Maddie
    Participant

I recently visited a nursing home in Milwaukee, WI where the hallways and doors to the patients rooms were designed like a real neighborhood. There were street signs, mail boxes, flowers and “front porches”. I thought this was a great way for a nursing home to feel more like the real world.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Iconic One Theme | Powered by Wordpress