Effects of Quarantine on Jobs?

Forums Social life and activity Job hunting Effects of Quarantine on Jobs?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Tyler Byrne
    Participant

Has anyone else lost their summer job due to corona virus? Does anyone believe this is going to make it harder finding internships or getting a job in the future if companies see you didn’t have a job one of these summers? Or will companies be understanding? Any other concerns that people would like to voice about the effects that corona virus has had on their jobs, please do.

Ben Peterson
    Participant

Yes, my internship this summer was cancelled too. I think that company’s will be very understanding of this, especially if you make good use of your extra time this summer to still build some skills. So many people are in similar situations of losing their planned work, and I’m sure recruiters will understand.

Satvik Yagnamurthy
    Participant

Unfortunately earlier this month, my Data Engineering internship at Capgemini, Chicago was canceled due to the coronavirus pandemic. The internship had quite a lengthy application process so I was certainly disappointed at the result but understand that I am an incoming junior and have time to attain more work experience. However, if you guys have any resources that consists of application links or know of any companies still recruiting, certainly include it in your response!

Peter Christenson
    Participant

Mine is still on for the time being, but my prediction is that it will move to a virtual format as others have. In the worst case scenario of cancellation, I would likely try to find a research position on campus instead. I imagine employers will be understanding in the fall.

Matthew Berson
    Participant

My internship for the summer is still on because the company I am interning for is considered an essential business. However, if the Wisconsin “safer-at-home” order is extended, my internship will likely take place online. I believe all employers will understand that many people may be without internships this summer due to the extreme circumstances.

Mackenzie Dahlquist
    Participant

My internship was also cancelled due to COVID-19. While it may be more difficult to find jobs in the future hopefully companies will be understanding. Additionally, I have received feedback from others that as an entry level engineer, online work has been difficult and often times less beneficial. It will probably be moreso having the introductory experience post graduation for many people.

Elias Sobah
    Participant

I recently found out that my internship for the summer has also been cancelled. While I’m actively looking for a new opportunity that is applicable to my interests, I trust that employers will be understanding of the circumstances.

I’m curious, for people in a similar position who may not be able to intern this summer, will you still include the experience you would have had on your Resume, and indicate that it was cancelled due to COVID-19? Or just omit it completely?

Morgan Zaref
    Participant

My internship this summer was also unfortunately cancelled due to COVID-19. Although I was a bit panicked when I first heard the news, I think in the future companies and employers are going to be very understanding of the situation. In the meantime, I have been trying to find remote work to do, however I feel like the industry I want to head into requires a lot of hands on work, so it is hard finding companies hiring for remote work.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Iconic One Theme | Powered by Wordpress