Engineering Science Electives Recommendations

Forums Social life and activity College life Engineering Science Electives Recommendations

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Maxwell Roitstein
    Participant

CEE 498. This class is pretty much an application version of 315. It is an online class and a pretty fair amount of work. Overall, lectures were kind of long for an online class but material overlaps a lot with prior ISYE classes so it was pretty useful.

William Wirono
    Participant

CS/Math/ECE 435. If you are into blockchain security, this class might be a right fit for you. While proofs might seem intimidating, rest assured the professor explained it in a straight forward manner. On top of that, the concepts build upon each other so that you will not be learning different materials at once.

Michael Kemnitz
    Participant

I’m an IE and I took CEE 498 last year and it wasn’t too bad. It’s not too much work, but the exams can be pretty difficult. I also took MSE 350 a few years ago and that wasn’t too bad as well and was pretty interesting. However, I heard the curriculum for that course changed so it might be more difficult now. Regardless, take what you’re interested in!

Jillian Genova
    Participant

These are very helpful recommendations! I was thinking about taking CEE 579 and now I definitely will.

Vrishabh Patil
    Participant

Not sure if you’re still looking for recommendations, but I took <span class=”name”>BSE367: Renewable Energy Systems. It’s an online course on Energy Basics, techno-economic analyses, production and transmission, and the various forms of renewable energy. You also have a project where you have to use NREL’s System Advisor Model (SAM), which is extremely useful if you were considering a career in energy. Since it’s all online and the lectures are all posted, you can go at your own pace. The exams and quizzes are also fairly easy if take notes</span>

Hope this helps!

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Iconic One Theme | Powered by Wordpress