Favorite Non-IE Class?

Forums Social life and activity College life Favorite Non-IE Class?

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Jin-ri Lee
    Participant

I don’t know if it is still available but the video game class is pretty interesting because you review about playing a game which is a good break time from all the studies

Spencer Nellis
    Participant

My favorite non-ISYE class so far has been CS200. It certainly was challenging learning Java from scratch. However, I think the programming knowledge gained will far outweigh the amount of stress that the class created.

Ruixin Zhang
    Participant

My favorite non-IE course so far was HIST 103, as we have to take some humanities and ethnic studies why not g for the fun one right?

Andy
    Participant

My favorite non IE class was econ 101 with David Johnson. He was so energetic and made the already interesting topic very enjoyable to learn. I would strongly recommend taking this with Johnson if you have the opportunity.

Vrishabh Patil
    Participant

For my CS elective, I’m currently taking a new Data Programming class! CS320 is the continuation of CS220 which is a programming class on Python. I think it’ll be very useful for IEs since a lot of new analytic and decision-making tools revolve around Python and data programming. The projects are super fun and relevant, and the current professor is a great teacher.

Sofia Noejovich
    Participant

I took ME 361 (Thermodynamics) and thought it was a very interesting class; especially as an industrial engineer! The entire class is about analyzing systems.

Hadyan Fahreza
    Participant

To be honest, my favorite is MUSIC 113 (Music Performance) since you only need to come to the music hall and do the quiz every week. It is a one-credit class. However, you can take it three times. It’s a good GPA booster class.

Ben Peterson
    Participant

Even though some of it is kind of bland, I liked MHR300 (Managing Organizations) because it has made me recognize that all of the principles from industrial engineering apply to running a business.

Satvik Yagnamurthy
    Participant

My favorite Non-IE course would certainly be MHR 322 – Introduction to Entrepreneurial Management. The course was taught by Dan Olszweski and provided a great foundation as to both when and how to start a new venture. Along with the course content, there was a semester T-Shirt project that allowed students to have an entrepreneurial opportunity in which if the team were to receive profits then they would be able to keep the money.

Bailey Smith
    Participant

My favorite non IE class that I have taken is CS 301 or now CS 220. This class is a great introduction for people who haven’t taken a computer science course. Python, the language taught in the class, is extremely useful for jobs outside of computer science as well.

Tate Riordan
    Participant

My favorite non-IE class that I have taken at UW-Madison would be Finance 300.  I took it as an advancement of econ for my liberal studies and I found it very interesting.  The best part about the class is that a lot of the things you learn will be relevant in your life after college no matter what career path you go into.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Iconic One Theme | Powered by Wordpress