FE and PE

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Sydney Seim
    Participant

Are the FE and PE exams a worthwhile route to go after I graduate? It has been suggested that I take my FE, but I do not know of many engineers that have taken the test. What are the advantages to doing this?

Robert Faris
    Participant

Hi Sydney,

I would say yes since more companies are looking for certifications such as P.E., ASQ certifications, etc.  My question is does anyone know of a reasonable F.E. prep course for the Industrial Engineering Exam that is not too expensive?

Thanks,

Bob

Sydney Seim
    Participant

Follow up question: I saw on the NCEES website that the passing rate for the Industrial and Systems Engineering exam is 53%, the lowest on the list. Does anyone know why this passing rate is so low and has anyone taken it and have any advice for studying for it? I believe you are able to use the handbook provided, however since the passing rate is so low, it makes me wonder if it is just that difficult or if there are other factors at play.

Aidan Smith
    Participant

Hi Sydney,

My Dad is an engineer and has PE’s working with him and says that it is a very good way to distinguish yourself from other engineers. The FE comes first and PE’s have said to study for it in the summer because it’s a lot of information from calc and physics and then take it right after you graduate or the summer before you graduate. Your PE comes a couple years after as you need to work under PE’s. Hope some of this information helps

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Iconic One Theme | Powered by Wordpress