Healthcare courses

Forums Academic discussion Healthcare Healthcare courses

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Luis Finol
    Participant

I am thinking about taking a healthcare industrial engineering course next semester and I was wondering the kinds of concepts that are taught in healthcare courses. I am mainly wondering about how supply chain concepts are applied.

Conner Boldt
    Participant

I took ISyE 517 this semester which is Decision Making in Healthcare.  The class centered on cost-effective analysis but had portions that taught stats, simulation concepts (Markov Chain, Transition Diagrams, Monte Carlo Simulation), and a few others.  I don’t think many supply chain concepts were really involved in this course, but I also don’t think there needed to be. The Professor I had really liked to do thought exercises to show how difficult healthcare decisions are, then follow up showing a justifiable way to answer the exercise.  He is moving onto Harvard Medical School as a researcher so I can’t speak about what professor you’d get.

Adrian
    Participant

ISYE 320 is a prerequisite to ISYE 417, which is the health systems class in UW-Madison. In ISYE 320, you learn about the theories behind supply chain and queuing theory.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Iconic One Theme | Powered by Wordpress