Healthcare electives

Forums Academic discussion Healthcare Healthcare electives

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Gwyneth Simon
    Participant

I am looking into taking some upper-level ISyE courses next semester. I am wondering if anyone has any recommendations for good healthcare ones to take. I would love to expand my general knowledge of healthcare and how we can apply the IE skills that we have learned in our coursework into the industry. There are many options so if you have taken one that you were specifically passionate about/enjoyed I would love to hear about it.

Thank you!

Dhivya Umachandran
    Participant

Hey Gwyneth,

I HIGHLY recommend ISyE 417. I took it with Prof. Justin Boutilier and the class changed my perspective about healthcare systems and how it operates under different constraints. What was even more interesting was that I took it when everything shifted online with the onset of the COVID – 19 Pandemic. We learned about pandemic modeling at the same time! Prof. Boutilier made use of Python and OR in his class and while this may sound intimidating, he is willing to work with you to make sure you succeed in the class. I went into ISyE 417 without any Python or OR background and managed to do fine; I did have to put in a lot more work though.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Iconic One Theme | Powered by Wordpress