How to leverage an IE degree in an unrelated job field

Forums Social life and activity Job hunting How to leverage an IE degree in an unrelated job field

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Katherine Schroeer
    Participant

I think it’s really important to understand that your degree does not define you. Obtaining an ISyE degree allows us to gain many skills and tools that can be applied to a multitude of different fields. I think having this degree will allow you to stand out when compared to other candidates, for the technical background we obtained through the ISyE program has challenged us to think outside of the box.

Grace Allen
    Participant

I think Industrial Engineering is a great major to go into many different fields. Improving processes and finding efficiency is relevant to all industries. I make sure to highlight this in my interviews. In addition, our education is extremely helpful as it is a combination of key business classes with key engineering, data, and computer science classes. I think our experience in all different topics makes us able to learn fast and adjust to various fast paced scenarios! We are jacks of all trades! 🙂

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Iconic One Theme | Powered by Wordpress