Human Factors Electives

Forums Academic discussion Human factors and ergonomics Human Factors Electives

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Connor Hull
    Participant

IE graduation requirements include at least one human factors elective and I was wondering about suggestions for good ones to take. I’m pretty sure everyone has to take 349 as the intro course so other than that what are some human factors classes you would recommend?

Dominic Thompson
    Participant

I highly recommend ISyE 555 – Human Performance and Accident Causation. It was a really interesting class that centered around human factors and making design changes to help humans succeed at the task safely. This course specifically focused on aircraft accidents and how the survivability of a crash has increased drastically due to design changes. Highly recommended!

Nicole
    Participant

Has anyone taken ISyE 552? I was thinking about taking it next semester and was wondering if anyone has taken it and has any thoughts on the class?

Jackson Lanigan
    Participant

ISyE 662 was an interesting class, as it addressed physical disabilities and how they are addressed and accommodated for in everyday life tasks. It was very well taught and the curriculum was engaging.

Bhurin Pisitthakarn
    Participant

If you enjoyed ISyE 349, I highly recommend taking ISyE 549 that is technically a more in-depth version of ISyE 349. The course explores topics, including signal detection, perception & attention, cognition, language & communication, memory & decision making, workload & performance, and design applications.

Mackenzie Dahlquist
    Participant

I also would recommend 549, Professor Silber delivers interesting and helpful lectures which makes learning the content much easier!

Sofia Noejovich
    Participant

I highly recommend an ISYE 601 class taught by John Lee. I am in his Data Science for People class and it is excellent. His work is very interdisciplinary between qualitative and quantitative research. Also, you get a lot more experience using R in machine learning and statistical analysis which is always a plus. I think he only offers Data Science for People in the Spring, but in the fall he has a data visualization course that I plan to audit as well.

Satvik Yagnamurthy
    Participant

ISYE 662 with Professor Hannah Silber was an incredible course that took a deeper look into disabilities engineering. In addition, the course allowed students to reflect on their day to day activities and what products could enhance the productivity and efficiency of these tasks. Moreover, there is a course project that allows students to develop their own unique idea with no limitations to technology in order to assess which products could uplift disabilities engineering in the future.

Derrex Woo
    Participant

I would recommend ISYE 555 with Douglas Wiegmann. The class covers a lot about plane accidents/incidents, and he is well versed in this subject as he has first hand experience. The class covers topics on how to improve human safety and prevention of accidents.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Iconic One Theme | Powered by Wordpress