Internship into Full Time

Forums Social life and activity Job hunting Internship into Full Time

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Gwyneth Simon
    Participant

I am looking into post-junior year internships. I know some people accept full-time offers with their final internship company. Do you think this is very common across industries? If yes, what is a good way to pick a company to intern with after junior year? Any tips you might have for making offer decisions would be very helpful! Thank you.

Alizabeth
    Participant

I’m currently pursuing an internship with the hopes that it turns into a full time position post-graduation as well! Based on my previous internship/co-op experiences I was able to determine what kind of work environment I wanted to be in, what kind of company culture I was looking for, and what types of tasks I could realistically see myself enjoying doing day in and day out! I also looked into company size, growth, flexibility, and location.  When applying to a bunch of internships this past semester, I not only researched them on their website, but asked friends and classmates that currently or previously worked there what they liked about working with a given company. I’m not certain that a post-junior year internship will always turn into a full-time offer, but a lot of companies do like you to have previous experience working with them before hiring you on full time!

Dhivya Umachandran
    Participant

I think a lot of companies do prefer to hire students for full-time roles that they have previously hired for internships. However, I think it’s important not to limit your job search because you may have a full-time offer with a company after completing an internship. There might be better opportunities you could get if you continue to search for jobs after your internship.  Try to understand industry standards and make a judgment call.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Iconic One Theme | Powered by Wordpress