Internships After COVID-19

Forums Social life and activity Job hunting Internships After COVID-19

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Saranya Putrevu
    Participant

I am wondering how internships next summer will be impacted by COVID-19. I know a lot of companies have been able to transition online for now, but how long would this be sustainable?

Nick L Kolder
    Participant

I think at this point it is probably pretty hard to predict how next summer’s internships will look.  For the time being, it is probably best to make sure to keep in contact with companies that you are interested so that when the time does come for internships to return to normal, you are well connected with hiring managers, etc.

Luis Finol
    Participant

I think many internship opportunities will definitely be lost because of this ongoing situation, but I think there will be a lot of opportunities with companies that dedicate themselves to online work or providing online solutions. I think looking for opportunities from those kinds of companies will be a good backup plan just in case an internship gets cancelled.

Chris
    Participant

I have been told that my internship may be canceled or moved online. A lot of firms are moving online or canceling their internships entirely though which is quite unfortunate. I have heard the JP Morgan and Goldman Sachs have moved their internship back 5 weeks because of COVID. It is going to be interesting to see what others do.

Jessica Lee
    Participant

The internship/co-op program I had last spring was discontinued indefinitely because (I’m guessing) the company couldn’t afford to invest so much time and resources in an extensive internship program. That is to say, if you had your eye on a particular internship program, double-check to make sure that the program is still available post-COVID.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Iconic One Theme | Powered by Wordpress