Is Six Sigma Green Belt actually marketable?

Forums Social life and activity Job hunting Is Six Sigma Green Belt actually marketable?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Nate
    Participant

I have the option to get my Six Sigma Green Belt by changing one of my classes next semester. Does anyone here know if the certification actually helps with getting a job after graduating? Or is it just a slight “resume booster” and not highly valued by most employers?

Alizabeth
    Participant

I’ve completed most of the coursework required to obtain a Six Sigma Green Belt certification and I foundĀ  the information taught in these classes to be extremely valuable in previous Co-Op and Intern positions! Additionally, I’ve been asked many questions about the certification and coursework required for the Green Belt while in interviews, so having this on your resume will certainly catch the eyes of some employers!

Anna Feldt
    Participant

I agree with what Alizabeth said above as well! Most schools don’t offer this opportunity so I would highly encourage it because you’re already paying for the classes, why not get an additional certification that would be an additional cost later on? My brother did not go to UW-Madison and his company paid for him to train and receive his green belt in his first industrial engineering position. Companies may be more likely to hire you if you already have it so they don’t have to pay for your training.

Dhivya Umachandran
    Participant

I would have to agree with what everyone has said in response to your question. Apart from being a resume booster, I think the Six Sigma certificate puts you in touch with skill sets that can be extremely beneficial in manufacturing environments – if that is something you are interested in. If not, I’m not sure how useful it is. Even if you don’t have any interest in manufacturing, it’s an extra certificate you could get at no additional cost. You never know when it could come in handy!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Iconic One Theme | Powered by Wordpress