ISyE 450

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

I know that in 450, we work on a project for a company throughout the semester. I was wondering if this class is a good way to network with that company and possibly look for a job there, or is that discouraged to do?

Vinay
    Participant

I would like to know more on this topic too.

Zachary Yonish
    Participant

I think while actively working with the company during the course this would be discouraged. But after the project is completed I think reaching out to some of the contacts you have made throughout the course asking about internship or job openings would be acceptable and a great idea!

Jordana
    Participant

I think reaching out to your project sponsor after the completion of your project is a great way to use your resources. From my experience in this class, our project sponsor was very impressed with our work and assured us that he would be very willing to be listed as a reference for any of us if needed and that he would be more than happy to get coffee or set up a call to ask questions or to talk about our professional lives.

Jackson Lanigan
    Participant

I think this is a great opportunity to hone your communication skills and work closely with the company. Whether or not you end up meshing well enough with the company that both of you would want to pursue a future of working together, I think this is a great chance to explore your passion within IE. You get a much better look at the different levels of operations within a company, and you have a chance to problem solve. I am not sure about the technicalities of hiring based on the Senior Design experience, but this is definitely an opportunity to prove what you can do to help improve the company that you’re working with.

James Eberle
    Participant

IE 450 was a great class for me. The whole class was about this semester long team project where we modeled different ways to improve a manufacturing process. We got to build robots with legos and program them to do different things.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Iconic One Theme | Powered by Wordpress