Linked-In or handshake

Forums Social life and activity Job hunting Linked-In or handshake

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Andy
    Participant

As a second semester junior, I feel a lot of pressure to secure a summer internship. Still, I am quite busy with my academic and student org commitments and I would like to use my time applying for internships as efficiently as possible. I was wondering what people’s experiences have been applying for internships on linked-in vs handshake and if there are pros and cons to each platform.

Vrishabh Patil
    Participant

Hi Andy!

I’m also a second semester junior and feel like we’re on the same boat. I’ve been applying to internship/co-ops since September 2019 and I recently got a position as a production management intern. In my experience, I believe that it is extremely important to take time out of your week to search for and apply to jobs. Try and take it as another class that has a dedicated lecture time.
    I mostly applied through Handshake and Glassdoor, which the occasional application sent through LinkedIn. I think it’s best to find a good balance between your resources since some companies don’t post their open positions on both. Also, a lot of company applications allow you to log in through LinkedIn or link your LinkedIn to the application, so make sure to update your profile regularly and accurately.

Good luck with the job hunt!

William Wirono
    Participant

My suggestion will be to try to apply as many as you can. List them in an Excel doc of when you applied and what position you applied. I personally think there are no difference between job searching websites, whether they are Linked-In, Handshake, Glassdoor, Indeed, etc. They are all the same. The trick is to make sure that your skills matches with what they are finding.

Michael Kemnitz
    Participant

My opinion is Handshake. I used Handshake to secure my past internship and future job, and haven’t really spent much time job searching on LinkedIn.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Iconic One Theme | Powered by Wordpress