Manufacturing Co-Op

Forums Academic discussion Manufacturing Manufacturing Co-Op

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Rakesh Bagade 3 weeks, 1 day ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Alyssa
    Participant

Hello, I recently received a co-op in manufacturing. I was wondering what projects people worked on on their co-ops/internships and what did you learn from it?

Amanda Bostwick
    Participant

Hi I did a co-op last spring at a manufacturing company that produced ruggedized computer hardware. One of primary duties was working on corrective actions. For example, if we found that one of our products was having high fall-out during testing our team would investigate the problem by collecting data from the project manager, test teams, production floor, etc. in order to determine the root cause. We’d then work with different teams to come up with short-term and long-term plans with preventive similar fall-out/dealing with customers, etc. It was definitely my favorite part of the job. Another project I worked on was standardizing our calibration and verification procedures for frequently used equipment/tools in production. Overall, I really enjoyed working in manufacturing I feel like I learned many problem solving skills and strengthened my ability to work on a team.

Rakesh Bagade
    Participant

Internships for professional careers are similar to apprenticeships for trade and vocational <b>jobs</b>. Although interns are typically college or university <b>students</b>, they can also be high school <b>students</b> or post-graduate adults. On occasion, they are middle school or even elementary <b>students</b>.

<b>Co</b>-<b>ops</b> are traditionally full-time, paid positions. “<b>Internship</b>” usually refers to a one-term work assignment, most often <b>in the</b> summer, but not always. <b>Internships</b> can be full- or part-time, paid or unpaid, depending on the employer and the career field.

A. <b>Co</b>-<b>op students earn</b> high school credits, but <b>do</b> not <b>get paid</b>. Some employers choose to provide a modest honorarium to assist <b>students</b> with work related expenses, however, this is not common and is not expected. 2. … The aim of <b>co</b>-<b>op </b>is to <b>earn</b> credits while obtaining experience in the workplace.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Iconic One Theme | Powered by Wordpress