Masters in Industrial Engineering

Forums Social life and activity College application Masters in Industrial Engineering

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Saranya Putrevu
    Participant

Hi, is it is worth it to get a plus one masters degree in Industrial Engineering as opposed to entering the workforce with a bachelors degree in Industrial? If so, what master’s programs are accredited?

#7590 Reply
    Zion Richardson
    Participant

I have been told that it isn’t worth it, because as long as you are a decent interviewer, you can get the same offers that you would get with the masters.

#7593 Reply
    Meera Viruru
    Participant

What are people’s opinions about the master’s considering that the job market may not be very strong following the COVID 19 pandemic?

#7596 Reply
    Meera Viruru
    Participant

Have participants in the 1 year masters program had good experiences?

If so, were the good experiences from the health care or the data focused tracks?

#7611 Reply
    Jacob Wang
    Participant

Due to the Covid 19 pandemic a lot of companies have either laid off employees or made them work from home. In these times, hiring more workers is not likely a priority for many companies. So I think pursuing a masters program in the time being would be beneficial for your academic career and will likely help in your future job search.

#7919 Reply
    Anna Feldt
    Participant

For those who are in the Industrial Engineering Master’s Program (Systems and Analytics), what classes have you taken inside the ISYE department and what classes have you taken outside of it?

#7953 Reply
    adam liusie
    Participant

I am super interested in potentially doing my Masters in IE as it is only a one year program at UW-Madison. What are the main differentiations between the Masters and the Undergraduate degree? Would you say that the time and money spent completing it is worth it?

#7954 Reply
    Josephine Beres
    Participant

I am considering pursuing a master’s in IE and was wondering if anyone has any strong opinions about the different programs. Is it worth pursuing this degree and will it be significantly more beneficial that just having an undergrad degree? Also, does anyone have any opinions about whether it would be better to pursue a master’s in IE or go for an MBA? Overall, I am not sure if it would be better to go to grad school right away or if I should get some experience in the industry first. I would really appreciate any advice! Thanks in advance!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: Masters in Industrial Engineering
Your information:

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Iconic One Theme | Powered by Wordpress