NCEES FE Exam

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Kjerstin Gronski 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Bhurin Pisitthakarn
    Participant

Is the Fundamentals of Engineering exam worth taking?

Tina Lu
    Participant

I think it depends on what your plan is post-graduation. I did B.S in chemical engineering now working in quality management. I did not take FE as it would have no application to my current job. If you don’t have a plan right now, studying for FE could help in job searching.

Kjerstin Gronski
    Participant

I agree totally with Tina.¬† All of my friends that have gone tow work for Engineering Firms (specifically in environmental, civil, and Mechanical fields) had to take it eventually but I (as a chemical engineer) did not. I would also add though that I would recommend that if you aren’t sure but even slightly think you may need it in your career¬† path, to do it right away after (or during) school. I had a few friends that had to go back and take it a year to a year and a half after school and they very much regretted not taking it right away when things were fresher. They also had to study for it and work full time as well and this was a large struggle for them.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Iconic One Theme | Powered by Wordpress