PhD in Industrial Engineering

Forums Social life and activity College application PhD in Industrial Engineering

Tagged: ,

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Ethan Young
    Participant

What is some of the most exciting research happening in the field of industrial engineering? I am very interested in research and am looking to extend my education beyond a B.S. in Industrial and Systems Engineering; although, I am unsure what research in this field would look like.

Thank you for any help!

AJ Lingg
    Participant

I am pursuing the IE Human Factors and Health Systems masters program next year at UW-Madison. A big reason why I chose that over the data analytics program is because of my involvement in the Werner research lab. It is a human factors IE lab and has been a fun and rewarding experience!

Timothy Healy
    Participant

Reply to Ethan Young of #4827:

I personally think that the Masters program for Human Factors is an exciting one to pursue. Human Factors engineers typically need at least a Masters Degree. Furthmore, with this degree you can spend a lot of time in the field studying why and how people make decisions. I think that is a very exciting career where you are not stuck behind a desk all day and can learn about the way that people and products interact.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

•  
  •  
  •  
  •