R vs Tableau for data visualization?

Forums Academic discussion Data mining and analytics R vs Tableau for data visualization?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Rucha Matange
    Participant

I wonder how popular R is for data visualization in the industry compared to tableau since tableau is obviously easier to use for the layman, but R enables a more detailed analysis.

Morgan Zaref
    Participant

In my data analytics class this semester, we used both R and tableau and was interesting to see what both have to offer. After learning Tableau, I like the features and capabilities it has. However, it does get confusing with so many options. R was very new to me at the beginning of the semester and is still very new to me. In terms of data visualization I would have to lean towards Tableau.

Luis Finol
    Participant

In my class, this semester we used a combination of R and Tableau for our final project. I would say R is more of a supplementary tool for tableau, but it wasn’t that necessary to conduct proper visualizations.

Tableau definitely helped us conduct better data visualizations, so I would recommend it for general projects more than R, but R was definitely more useful for analyzing statistical numeric data.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Iconic One Theme | Powered by Wordpress