Recommendations for Data Visualisation Software

Forums Academic discussion Data mining and analytics Recommendations for Data Visualisation Software

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Vrishabh Patil
    Participant

Hi all!

I’m an undergrad studying ISyE at the moment and was wondering what software people in industry would use for data analytics. I am currently learning how to use Tableau and Python (pandas, geopandas, etc.), but should I be gaining exposure in other tools as well?

Thanks!

Bhurin Pisitthakarn
    Participant

Hi Vrishabh,

Tableau and Python are a great start for data analytics tools. However, other great software that I would recommend learning are MATLAB and R. MATLAB can be absolutely wonderful for visualisations, a fast alternative to writing up your own algorithms if you can make use of its built-in equation solvers an powerful simulation environment, and all right for rapidly creating prototypes of numerical computation programs. As for R, it is specialized for statistical computing but is also great for machine learning, data visualization and analysis, and some areas of scientific computing. When compared to Tableau, R offers more flexibility in data manipulation and visualisation via its numerous packages such as  tidyverse and ggplot, even though it does require more laborious coding.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Iconic One Theme | Powered by Wordpress