Tips to Catch an Interviewer’s Eye?

Forums Social life and activity Job hunting Tips to Catch an Interviewer’s Eye?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Tyler Byrne
    Participant

Hi everyone,

Was wondering if anyone had some good interview tips. What are some things I can do in an interview that would help the interviewer remember me and recommend me to move on to further interview rounds. Any unique advice besides being prepared for classic interview questions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Satvik Yagnamurthy
    Participant

I believe some tips to catch an interviewer’s eye could be receiving online certification programs from websites such as Coursera, Linkedin, or other. Personally, I feel as though the courses offered at UW are great and provide a strong foundation but in order to genuinely prove you are familiar with the material, receiving a certification can provide great value. In addition, specific to your question in regards to interview questions, definitely have a prepared personal statement as to why you want to enter the field you are interviewing for and having both a genuine and unique answer can be impressive.

Bailey Smith
    Participant

I personally think the best way to catch an interviewer’s eye is to be yourself. Too many people try to become someone they aren’t during interviews. Being honest is another big way to catch someone’s eye.

Mackenzie Dahlquist
    Participant

I think a great way to catch an interviewer’s eye is to tell a relevant, but interesting story as to what makes you a good fit for the job. It shows you are passionate about your work, and makes you stick out in their mind.

Alec Jacobson
    Participant

I really think an import thing to do to catch the interviewers eye is to make sure you make it known that you are “all in” on this job and keeping it for a long time and that you really want to do it. Sometimes they may ask you where you see yourself in 10 years and it is important to say that you envision yourself moving up and progressing in whatever role you are interviewing for or moving into a related more advanced role within the same company.

Michael Kemnitz
    Participant

I think a big thing to succeed in an interview is to just get along with the person interviewing you and seem like a fun, outgoing person. The majority of the people that apply for entry-level jobs have the background/education necessary to be able to be trained to perform the job well. I think a lot of the time they’re looking for someone they’d wanna see outside of work because they actually enjoy the company. Personality is huge.

Andy
    Participant

I think that the best way for an interviewer to remember you is by having a good answer to the “tell me about yourself “question. This question should provide an interesting narrative of your “life story” which  provides the interviewer with evidence for your interest in the company/role. If you are applying for jobs that most business majors apply for, you will already stand out. The key is to be personable.

Noah W
    Participant

I believe one of the best ways to catch an interviewer’s eye is being well prepared for the interview and knowledgable about the company and position you are applying for. This shows that not only are you willing to put in the work, but you are also very interested in the company.

Conner Boldt
    Participant

Personally, I think one of the biggest things to catch an interviewer’s eye is to be socially outgoing.  By that I mean always look at people in the eye, practice small talk skills, maybe even make an easy joke if it feels appropriate.  As much as résumé is important, to distinguish yourself from people with very similar qualifications you have to be the person they would rather work with on a daily basis.  In addition to this, knowledge of the company along with thoughtful questions show that you are very interested and dedicated to the job.

Zion Richardson
    Participant

I have found that if you wear clothes that are their favorite color, you get the job. You just have to know their favorite color.

Adrian
    Participant

Many interviewers want to see you have technique when interviewing. The most popular interview technique is STAR.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Iconic One Theme | Powered by Wordpress