UW-Madison ISYE Course Recommendations

Forums Social life and activity College life UW-Madison ISYE Course Recommendations

This topic contains 18 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  Felix 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Nawang Singhe
    Participant

I took IsyE 575, Human Factors Engineering, this semester with Dr. Hannah Silber and learned a lot. The class focuses more on cognitive ergonomics, so I would not recommend if you are looking for a more physical class on Human Factors.

However, Dr. Silber is very knowledgeable about what is teaching and just a great professor overall. Highly recommend!

Vedant Agrawal
    Participant

I highly recommend ISyE 515. I took it with Professor Terry Mann, and we got to work on a continuous improvement project at Rockwell Automation in Middleton, WI. We got to see how some of the topics we talked about in ISyE 315 are applied in the real-world, and solving the numerous challenges you face when trying to integrate solutions into the client’s previously existing systems.

Cole
    Participant

I would recommend ISYE/CS/ECE 524: Intro to Optimization for any of those who thought that ISYE 323 was an interesting course! It would certainly be helpful to have at least some programming background. The class uses Julia (instead of AMPL) which is much more powerful/versatile in my opinion but does come with some headaches as it is open-source and they are constantly updating/changing packages. The class takes more of an applied approach (ISYE 525 is more theory approach I believe). That being said the class is heavier than I had expected in linear algebra. If you remember Math 340 you should be fine though. Overall I thought it was a really fun course!

Felix
    Participant

Definitely take Acct 300 if it fits into your schedule. The workload is much more manageable and it is online so you can manage your time to complete all tasks accordingly. Acct 100 is considered a weed-out class in the business school so it is designed to be more challenging. If you are able to, ISYE 575 is a great quality elective (it is a required class if you are trying to get into the Six Sigma program). Otherwise ISyE 515 is another good option to take.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Iconic One Theme | Powered by Wordpress