What are the courses should I take as a Master Student?

Forums Academic discussion Supply chain and logistics What are the courses should I take as a Master Student?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Hao Zhou 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hannah Nguyen
    Participant

I am in my senior year as an undergraduate in ISyE and plan to do my master next fall. I have heard IE 645 is a good course. Do you have any recommendation on the courses I should take as a master student in ISyE department to learn more about Supply Chains?

Ashley Hellenbrand
    Participant

Reply to Hannah Nguyen of #4870:

Hi Hannah,

Although this doesn’t answer your question, I was curious if you had any recommendations for supply chain courses for undergrads. I have 3 semesters left after this semester, so I would like to get more exposure to supply chain besides the basics taught in the required ISyE courses. I also have a supply chain internship this summer, so I think that will be helpful for getting some real-world experience in supply chain. Working a project-based supply chain internship might even give me more experience than any class could teach.

Do you have any work experience in supply chain (internship/co-op)? If so, did you enjoy it? What were the most helpful things you learned on the job? Thanks!

Ryan Yan
    Participant

Have you considered ISyE 624 stochastic modeling? Laura Albert is usually the professor for the course. It is a challenging course in my opinion but she is able to make it more than bearable. Plus it is a pretty useful topic to learn as it will introduce you to Markov chain and other models that would be useful in other courses as well as future works.

Hao Zhou
    Participant

Reply to Hannah Nguyen of #4870:

ISyE 645 is a great course for Supply Chain. It’s designed for engineering student so it’s not like the course in business school and the mathematical part is also not very hard. However, the instructor who have taught this course for years left so I don’t know if the new instructor well do a good job.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Iconic One Theme | Powered by Wordpress