Why did you choose ISyE major?

Forums Social life and activity College life Why did you choose ISyE major?

Viewing 5 posts - 46 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    Mackenzie Dahlquist
    Participant

I chose IE because I enjoy the variety of topics in Industrial Engineering such as statistics, mathematics, analytics, and the focus on efficiency. I  am also interested in healthcare, and felt this major would allow me to have a career in the field while focusing on skills that I have developed a passion for.

Alec Jacobson
    Participant

I honestly had no idea which engineering I wanted to go into and the reason I chose IE was because I heard that it is very broad and you can go into a lot of different types of jobs from it, and because of the business and Econ classes that are in the curriculum (Accounting, Econ 101, 313).

Ryan Garley
    Participant

I originally came to UW Madison as a mechanical engineering major and made the switch to ISyE my sophomore year. I am currently a rising senior and love the decision I made to switch. From my experiences, ISyE gives a great understanding of business and engineering principles that are unique to only this major. The degree gives a great set of skills that are applicable to almost any industry.

Elias Sobah
    Participant

Similar to many ISyE and engineering students, coming into college I had a strong passion for math and sciences. This led me to gravitate towards the College of Engineering. Additionally, I’ve always had an interest in business and the potential of running my own operations one day. My goals were to be in a program that would give me the technical acumen and skills needed to be an engineer, while also preparing me with essential business skills. With these in mind, I felt ISyE was the way to go.

Brittney DeBoer
    Participant

I chose IE because it allowed me to have a broad understanding of many engineering principles. I wanted to learn about economics as well and I thought that IE would be a good fit for me. It also helps that IE’s seem to always be in demand in the job market!

Viewing 5 posts - 46 through 50 (of 50 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Iconic One Theme | Powered by Wordpress