January 17th – 19th, 2018
Call for Abstracts
The aim of the BAFI 2018 conference is to bring together researchers and developers from data science and related areas with practitioners and consultants applying the respective techniques in different business-related domains. Our goal is to stimulate an academic exchange of recent developments as well as to encourage the mutual influence between academics and practitioners.
At BAFI 2018, the focus will be on methodological developments aimed at uncovering information contained in large data sets, as well as on business applications in various sectors, among them finance, retail, and telecommunications.
Topics at this conference include, but are not limited to:
Business Analytics – Applications:
- Credit Scoring and Financial Modeling
- Fraud Detection
- Web Intelligence and Information Retrieval
- Marketing, Business Intelligence, and e-Commerce
- Decision Analysis and Decision Support Systems
- Social Network Analysis
- Privacy-preserving Data Mining and Privacy-related Issues
- Text Mining, Sentiment Analysis, and Opinion Mining
- Internet of Things (IoT)
Business Analytics – Methods:
- Dimensionality Reduction, Feature Extraction, and Feature Selection
- Supervised, Semi-Supervised, and Unsupervised Methods
- Statistical Learning Theory
- Online Learning, Data Stream Mining, and Dynamic Data Mining
- Graph Mining and Semi-Structured Data
- Spatial and Temporal Data Mining
- Deep Learning and Neural Network Research
- Large Scale Data Mining
- Uncertainty Modeling in Data Mining
We will offer a number of travel grants for students who present their work at BAFI 2018. The following two categories will be considered:
- National category: students enrolled at a Chilean university or staying at a Chilean address at the time of the conference.
- International category: students enrolled at a university outside Chile and staying abroad prior to the start of the conference.
Please visit www.baficonference.cl for information on Submission Guidelines, Venue, Program, Conference Fees, and more.
For more information, please contact us at email@example.com