Career Perspective for logistics/supply chain?

Forums Academic discussion Supply chain and logistics Career Perspective for logistics/supply chain?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Jean Wei
    Participant

I found myself very interested in supply chain/logistics engineering as a career path and I’ve decided to go to graduate school after college graduation. I am wondering what are the career perspectives for supply chain engineer?¬†How closely does supply chain engineer’s daily job related to the classes materials?

Thanks!

#4285 Reply
    Kylie Hellenbrand
    Participant

Reply to Jean Wei of #4058:

Hi Jean!

Out of curiosity, what are you studying in graduate school? In addition, did you take any supply chain classes for your undergraduate degree that you enjoyed or found interesting/helpful? I am very interested in the supply chain/logistics engineering as a career path as well, and have an Operations – Supply Chain internship lined up for this summer. Given that I still have 3 more semesters left of undergrad, any suggestions you could give me would be wonderful. I am also open to the possibility of going to grad school, so recommendations as far as that goes would be extremely helpful as well!

#4590 Reply
    Rebecca Graven
    Participant

One of my friends was at SAE’s Aero Design in Texas in March where Lockheed Martin presented. They emphasized how the two most needed fields of engineering to go into were product development/design and supply chain. This is only one company’s perspective, but they are a huge player in the aerospace industry and I think this shows promise for job prospects in supply chain!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Career Perspective for logistics/supply chain?
Your information:

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Iconic One Theme | Powered by Wordpress