Supply Chain and IE

Forums Academic discussion Supply chain and logistics Supply Chain and IE

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Chenyi Zhao
    Participant

Hi all,

I am taking an internship for this semester and this summer for the supply chain management. I am working in the purchasing group and helping them with the ERP system. After work there for a couple of months, I found that the work I have been doing in “supply chain” area is different or little connection with what I have learned. What do you guys think of what the supply chain should be in a company?

#4662 Reply
    Julia Hewitt
    Participant

Hi Chenyi,

It’s interesting that your “supply chain” position isn’t really that supply chain related. Would you say it falls more under the operations/logistics umbrella? I do know an industrial engineer who started off their career in supply chain and ended up going into purchasing and management, so while it seems not really connected, IE skills can be very versatile.

#4665 Reply
    Grace Ziegler
    Participant

From my co-op last summer and fall, I learned that companies let many positions fall into their supply chain department, even though we might not think of the duties as typical supply chain functions. And as I’ve been interviewing for internships, I’ve learned that supply chain responsibilities can fall across different departments, it all depends on the company.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Supply Chain and IE
Your information:

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Iconic One Theme | Powered by Wordpress