What to expect from a supply chain job?

Forums Academic discussion Supply chain and logistics What to expect from a supply chain job?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Allison Winek
    Participant

Hi everyone! I am going to be starting a job in June with my first rotation being in supply chain. I haven’t taken any supply chain courses since I’ve been a student, so I’m not entirely sure what to expect. Has anyone worked an internship or knows of someone who has been in supply chain? Any insight would be appreciated!

#4385 Reply
    Patrick Noel
    Participant

I don’t currently work in supply and logistics, but my Aunt did back in the day. She was one of the first to analyze data at Schneider Trucking. From what I’ve learned from her, she does a good fit of analysis of shipping costs for trucks and optimizing routes. If you want I could see if she would be willing to talk to you.

#4386 Reply
    Rebecca Graven
    Participant

I haven’t worked in supply chain, but I took ISyE 645 which is titled “Engineering Models for Supply Chain”. We learned a lot about different inventory models and how distribution systems were structured. I found some aspects to be similar the inventory unit in ISyE 415 as well.

#4390 Reply
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Allison,

I don’t work in Supply Chain but from my research managing supply chain is externally focused. If you have any contacts in purchasing, I’d think they would be a great start to give you information.

#4402 Reply
    Michael Kemnitz
    Participant

I just received an internship offer in supply chain so I am interested in learning more about this topic as well. This forum has been helpful so far, though!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: What to expect from a supply chain job?
Your information:

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Iconic One Theme | Powered by Wordpress