CALL FOR PAPERS
INFORMS 2015 Data Mining Best Student Paper Award
The Data Mining (DM) Section of INFORMS announces the Best Student Paper Award to recognize excellence among its student members. Four finalists for the Best Student Paper Award will be selected by a panel of members of the DM section on any topic related to data mining by a student author.
Rules and Information:
1. The presenting student author must be a student on or after January 1, 2015.
2. The research must have been conducted while the presenting author was a student.
3. The paper must be written by the student author(s) with minor assistance from advisors. The effort of the student(s) must comprise at least 50% of the work presented in the paper.
4. The presenting student author must be a member of the Data Mining Section.
5. A student author must be available to present the work at a student session at the 2015 INFORMS Annual Meeting if selected as a finalist.
6. Papers must be submitted with a maximum of 10 printed pages (1 inch margins, single column, single-spaced, 12 point font, and Times New Roman).
7. Papers will not be published as part of the competition.
8. Papers can be in any stage with regard to publication (unpublished, submitted, published, etc.).
Students who meet the above criteria and wish to submit their paper for consideration can submit their papers to the competition chair, Dr. Kamran Paynabar via email (email@example.com), by July 15, 2015. The subject of the email should be “2015 DM Best Student Paper Award Submission”. Late submissions will not be accepted.
Four finalists will be announced on or before September 15, 2015, and will make presentations at the INFORMS 2015 Annual Meeting in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (November 1–4, 2015). The winner will be announced at the INFORMS DM Business Meeting and all finalists will receive an award certificate.